Walmart.com – Filing Claim with Walmart Protection Plan
The modern era of e-commerce is a blessing in disguise for countless shoppers. Not only you have a larger range of options to choose from, but you can also avail of your favorite items by easy transaction smooth delivery at your doorstep. Apart from that, you are also eligible to get numerous deals and discounts. You will get other doorstep replacement or repair too! Walmart.com, the prolific e-commerce company is providing hassle-free replacement or repair to its purchased items under Walmart Protection Plan.
Acquainting with Walmart Protection Plan
A survey revealed that numerous shoppers are not even aware of the Walmart Protection Plan. With a very nominal price range, these plans can be bought at the time of the purchase of the eligible goods. Even if you have not purchased the plan during shopping, Walmart gives you 30 days after buying the item to change your mind and purchase the plan. Another marvelous fact about Walmart is that you purchase the protection plan, even if you have received the covered item as a gift or send it out as a gift.
Walmart Protection Plan can be availed on both the new products purchased from Walmart.com as well as on particular eligible products sold by the Marketplace Seller. Walmart Protection Plan covers both replacement and unexpected repairs. The plan starts at $2. You may check the details of the plan directly from www.walmart.com/protection. Coming back to the topic, here are two ways by which you can buy your plan:
- While checking out your eligible product, add Walmart Protection Plan (Plan will be displayed as an option if the product is eligible) in your cart.
- If your purchase is completed, you can buy a plan within 30 days of your purchase from www.walmart.com/protection and logging in to the Protection Plan account.
Things you need to File your Claim
- The receipt of the item purchased as well as the planned receipt will be saved automatically in your Walmart.com account. You can log in anytime and print out the receipt from the Order section. You require the Order ID of the plan to file the claim.
- Must have the item with you or which you are filing the claim.
- Also, you need to have the receipt of the item too.
- Depending on the item you purchased, you need to keep the requisite details like IMEI number, serial number, model number, size, color, memory, capacity, etc.
How to File a Claim
In case, your product is damaged or defective, you need to first check the extent of damage and if it is covered under the Plan. For that,
- Open your browser and go to www.walmart.com/protection.
- Under What does Walmart Protection cover dropdown, select the product you have purchased.
- You will get complete details of your plan and damages coverage.
- It is to be noted that, regardless of the item you select; any sort of accidental damage, theft, and loss are not covered.
Now that you have checked the features that will be covered by your plan, you can check the method to file a claim. As the first step, you need to create an account with the Square trade portal. Square Trade finance and insurance organizations have forged a partnership with Walmart to provide a flexible and coveted Protection Plan. Creating an account is the first step towards filing. Those who already have an account can skip the first step.
Step 1 Create a Square Trade Account
- Open the browser and visit www.walmart.com/protection
- Scroll down and select File a Claim tab.
- Select your merchant from the dropdown menu. In this case, select Walmart.com.
- Click on Next.
- Type the email address registered with the Walmart. This must be the same email address that you have used to purchase the eligible item and Protection Plan.
- Click on Next.
- An email will be sent to the email address.
- Check your inbox. If it is not there, look into the Spam/Junk folder.
- The email has been sent to confirm your email address and complete the account setting. Open the mail and click on the Set Up Account tab.
- You will be directed to the portal, where you need to create a strong password.
- Retype the password again to confirm.
- Select Create Password.
Bingo! You have successfully created your account! You will be redirected straightaway to the login portal. In case you had already registered, then go to www.walmart.com/protection> File A Claim> Log In( at the extreme top right). Now begins the second stage:
Also Read : Redeem Your EuropaCorp Promotion Code
Step 2- Log in and File the Claim
- Type your registered email address.
- Enter your Password.
- Click on Log In.
- To confirm receipt of your plan, promptly type the Order ID.
- On auto-populating your details, you need to follow the further instructions as per the item you purchased to complete your filing.
Claims are usually approved instantly. In some cases, your form will be reviewed and undertaken by a specialist who will further contact you and guide you through subsequent steps. Different items demand different methods.
The first preference would be to repair the item you have requested the plan for. In case it is irreparable, Walmart sends for replacement or refund ASAP!
Contacting Walmart.com Customer Support Centre
Walmart.com is one of the largest e-commerce stores with numerous departments and sections. Therefore, specific concerns have specific departments where you will get specialized assistance. In case you are facing any concern, see this:
- Go to directly at help.walmart.com/app/ask (Contact Page)
- Select your concern or query department wise like order, credit card, etc.
- Click on the intended department. Ling with the FAQ section, you will get respective channels for Chat, Email, and Call.