About DTE Energy
DTE Energy is an electric utility company in Michigan. This company was formerly known as Detroit Edison. They usually serve electric and natural gas. It is involved with the development and management of energy and related services. The headquarter of this company is located in Detroit, Michigan, United States. They serve more than 1.3 million customers throughout Michigan.
How to Pay DTE Energy Bill
There are several convenient payment methods are available to pay your bill. To learn more about these payment options, follow these below instructions:
Pay DTE Energy Bill via Online Method:
- You can pay your DTE Energy bill via the online payment method. You need to create an account to pay your bill. If you already created your online account, you have to follow these steps:
- You need to visit the official website of DTE Energy.
- For direct access, you can simply click on this link newlook.dteenergy.com
- On the right side of the homepage, there will be a login section.
- Input the email and password on the respected fields.
- To save your email on that device, tick the Remember Me box.
- After providing your log-in details, simply select the Sign In option.
Pay DTE Energy Bill via Mobile App:
You can make payment for the DTE Energy bill through your smartphone. Pay your bill using the DTE Energy Mobile App. You can use to pay by using the savings or checking account. DTE app is available for Android and iOS devices. Android device users can download the application from Google Play Store. For downloading an app for an Apple device, visit the Apps Store. Once you completed installing the app, simply login to your DTE Energy account.
Pay DTE Energy Bill at Kiosk:
- You can make payment for your DTE Energy bill at kiosks locations. There are 73 kiosks at 56 locations. In order to find your nearest DTE Energy kiosks, you have to follow these steps:
- You need to visit this link dtekiosk.com
- Provide your zip code or city name on the first field.
- Select the distance from the kiosk’s location.
- Then, you have to select the Search option.
- It will show you your nearest DTE Energy kio8sks locations.
Pay DTE Energy Bill by Phone:
Users can also pay the DTE Energy bill over the phone. You can choose to pay your bill through an automated phone system. To make the payment, you need to dial 800.477.4747 from your phone. You will require your account number to make your bill payment. If you pay by phone, there will be no additional charges. To make a payment, you can use a checking account or credit card. To make your transaction, you will require the DTE Energy account number.
Pay DTE Energy Bill by Mail:
- Through the traditional mail method, pay your DTE Energy bill. Send your money order or personal check by mail to DTE Energy. The mail payment will take time to proceed. While sending your mail, you need to include the DTE Energy account number on your check or money order. You can use this payment address to make the payment:
P.O. Box 740786
Cincinnati, OH 45274-0786
How the Penalty Fees Work
- These are the following penalty fees that you have to pay with DTE Energy.
- Late Payment Fees: If you cannot make your bill payment by the due date, you will be charged the late payment fees. For the late payment fees, you will be charged 2% of the past balance.
What to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
- If you cannot able to make the payment by the due date, contact the customer service department. There is the available payment arrangement program available:
- Home Heating Credit: This program is mainly available for low-income customers. If you like to apply for this program, then apply before September.
- LIHEAP: LIHEAP is mainly designed by the state government for low income. For more information about this program, contact the customer service department at 1-800-477-4747.
Read More : How to Pay Cass County Electric Bill
DTE Energy Contact Info
In case, you need to contact DTE Energy, then contact at 800.477.4747. The customer care representative will help you to solve your problem.